Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Family in Quarantine

     


As of yesterday, I received some scary and sad news. My cousins have Covid! Although many families have already gone through this process, my family is experiencing it for the first time since the pandemic started. These are the first people that my family has been contact that actually have covid and much is known for them right now.

    My cousin travels a lot for work and just got back home from a trip to Louisiana. After a few days, his co-worker started to feel sick and tested positive for the virus. This prompted my cousin to get tested as well and his results were also positive. He had previously been on close contact with my mom, brother, grandparents, and other cousins. My youngest cousin now has a fever and possibly has the virus as well. Although my mom and brother have not shown symptoms, the health department is making them quarantine in the house until November 2nd. 

    As mentioned in an earlier post, my dad recently suffered from brain cancer and has a very weak immune system. Thankfully, my dad has been out of town hunting in South Dakota for the past week and will not return home for a few more days. Because of his weakened immune system, he has to stay at my other grandparent's house until my mom and brother are released from quarantine. I know both of my parents are extremely upset by this but it is the best chance at keeping him safe. I was planning on surprising my family this weekend by coming home to celebrate the closing of our new house, but I guess it will have to wait a few weeks until everyone is healthy again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Normalcy

       Looking back over the last year, our country has had a rollercoaster of events. There has been so many unimaginable things to happen ...