Thursday, October 8, 2020

Reconnecting With Nature

 



            As I said in an earlier post, the pandemic has allowed me to get back in touch with my nature-loving side. Growing up, I lived on seven acres on land in a small town of Kentucky. I always constantly playing and running around outside with my siblings and cousins. I have so many memories of us building forts in the woods behind my grandma's house and staying outside until it got dark. My mom would have to beg us to come inside and eat dinner. It didn't matter the time of year, we were always outside. But as I got older and moved to a surburd of St. Louis, I lost my love for nature. I got busy with school and all of my clubs that the only time that I was really outside was for softball. I didn't spend time outside as much due to my busy schedule. 

        However, the coronavirus has helped me rediscover my love for nature. The past two or three weekends in Lexington have been so beautiful. The weather has been absolutely perfect, where the leaves are starting to fall and the summer heat is swept away with a subtle breeze. I have enjoyed going to Pine Knob Nature Reserve for hikes and pumpkin picking at Eckert's farm. Both of these were great ways to get outside and enjoy the fall weather with some friends. We wore our masks everywhere, except to snap a few pictures. We are all negative for the virus, so we were all safe around each other. Recently, I have even been studying outside by the library, instead of in my room. Being out in nature is my happy place and I am happy that I have rediscovered my love for the outdoors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Normalcy

       Looking back over the last year, our country has had a rollercoaster of events. There has been so many unimaginable things to happen ...