Tuesday, August 25, 2020

About Me

 

    Hey y'all! This is my blog where I will be sharing my personal experiences with the current pandemic, COVID-19. But first, I will tell you a little more about me. My name is Abby McKinney and I am nineteen years old. I grew up in Eddyville, Kentucky for the majority of my life, but have also lived in Illinois and Louisiana for a period of time. I am a Sophomore and Pre-Medical Laboratory Sciences major at the University of Kentucky with hopes of attending pharmacy school in the next couple of years. 

    Wanting to be a pharmacist in the future, the COVID-19 pandemic has been very intriguing to me. Since this is the first major outbreak that I have experienced in my lifetime, it is sometimes hard for me to completely comprehend and understand how much our world is changing and evolving right now. It is scary and worrisome time for everyone in our world right now because no one knows what to expect. However, for me, quarantine brought some good into my life. For example, the picture above was taken in a flower field in then middle of nowhere. Because of the quarantine, I was able to go outside and enjoy nature more often. I was also able to spend more time with my family, which has brought us all closer and made the time go by a little faster. Sadly, my great aunt and cousin contracted the virus, but luckily enough they were able to recover. This was hard on my family and I because we felt so helpless and just wanted to be with with them but were not able to without risking our own health. 

Even though a lot is uncertain right now, I hope that those reading this blog are able to learn something from and connect through my personal experiences with COVID-19. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Normalcy

       Looking back over the last year, our country has had a rollercoaster of events. There has been so many unimaginable things to happen ...